Recipe: Durian Ice-Cream
Top grade durian ice-cream that makes any durian lover go weak in the knees is actually quite simple to make at home. The most important ingredient here is top grade durian flesh and good quality and heavy cream.
Recipe serves 4-6
Preparation time:30 minutes
Cooking time:8 hours
100g castor sugar
500ml heavy cream
250-300g good quality durian flesh
1. Peel durian flesh from each durian, discarding the seeds and any tough fibre to yield 250-300g of flesh. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, dissolve sugar and water. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
3. Whisk eggs in a bowl, pour in the hot sugar syrup and whisk the mixture until it becomes mousse-like.
4. Pour the cream into the mixture and continue to whisk.
5. Add in the durian flesh.
6. Pour mixture into an ice-cream maker. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into a container and freeze for 4 hours.
7. Take the durian out of the freezer after four hours and beat the ice cream with an electric beater until it is smooth. Freeze it again for 4 hours.
8. Repeat beating twice, then freeze ice cream until needed.
9. To serve, top with extra durian
This archived article appeared in an earlier version of HungryGoWhere and may not be up-to-date. To alert us to outdated information, please contact us here.