Last modified: 25 April 2022
- Registration, Password, Security and Cookies
- Content and Related User Conduct
- Content Posted Or Submitted To Grab
- Postings by Third Parties and Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites
- Hyperlinks from Third Party Websites
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Intellectual Property Rights
For information on how your personal data may be processed, please refer to our Privacy Notice (https://www.grab.com/sg/terms-policies/privacy-notice/).
1. REGISTRATION, PASSWORD, SECURITY AND COOKIES
If any portion of the Site requires you to register or open an account, you must provide us with accurate, complete and updated registration information (“Member Profile”). You may also be asked to choose a login name and a password. Please select a password that would not be obvious to someone trying to guess your password.
You shall not disclose to any person your password and shall not permit or authorize any person to use your login name or password for any purpose whatsoever.
Grab may treat any access to or use of the Site at any time by the use of your login name and password as access to or use of the Site by you, notwithstanding that it may have been used by any other person without your knowledge or authority.
Upon learning that any person has acquired knowledge of your password or has used your password to access or use the Site or effect any transaction (whether with or without your knowledge and consent), you shall:
- immediately notify Grab thereof;
- at Grab’s request, make a police report thereof;
- provide Grab with any other information relating thereto as Grab may require; and
- immediately change the password.
Grab takes certain industry-accepted precautions to secure the Site or portions thereof. However, you agree that such precautions do not guarantee that use of the Site is invulnerable to all security breaches, nor does Grab make any warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of the Site is protected from all viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other vulnerabilities.
2. CONTENT AND RELATED USER CONDUCT
You understand that you are responsible for any content that you post or transmit on or through the Site.
You agree not to cause, nor knowingly allow others to cause, any nuisance, annoyance, or inconvenience, whether to Grab or any of its customers or users of the Site by any means.
You agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, you will not use the Site to post, transmit, distribute, link to, or solicit content that:
- contains any advertising and promotional message;
- violates or infringes any laws, regulatory requirements or codes applicable in Singapore;
- infringes or violates any copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights of any person (including disclosing of personal data of other persons that you are not authorized to), or violates any obligation of confidence or any other proprietary right;
- contains any obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise actionable material;
- undermines the security or integrity of the Site, including without limitation by importing any viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs or other disabling devices intended to detrimentally interfere, damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate such equipment, systems or networks;
- contains any errors, whether technical or otherwise; or
- contains any material in any form that would otherwise render Grab liable or expose Grab to any proceedings whatsoever.
You may not use any robot, spider, or other automatic or manual device or process to monitor or copy our web pages or any portion of the content contained herein without Grab’s express written permission.
You may not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site, or to impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the servers serving the Site.
Grab shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to monitor, refuse or remove any content that is available via the Site without reference to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Grab reserves the right to remove or alter any content that violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable.
All content submitted by you should be unbiased with no vested personal interest or any affiliation with the business you review. We reserve all rights to remove these reviews. If you have a vested personal interest or any affiliation with the business for or against which you are submitting a review, we ask that you give full and frank disclosure of your relevant vested interest or affiliation to the business you are reviewing to ensure your review is perceived objectively by End Users.
We reserve the right to remove any reviews we discover that are biased review or which do not disclose the relevant vested interest or affiliation relevant to that business.
3. CONTENT POSTED OR SUBMITTED TO GRAB
By posting or submitting content to Grab, you represent and warrant that you own all the rights to the content or are authorised to post or submit the content to Grab and the content will not infringe any third party rights nor violate any law or regulation (including applicable intellectual property or data protection laws). You agree to grant to Grab a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to public areas of the Site (such as message boards, forums, Member Profiles, yellow pages, job folders or other features that allow users to post information that will be accessible by the public or the user population generally) by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to Grab the right (though you acknowledge and agree that Grab shall not be so obliged) to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Grab for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
Except for any information which we have expressly agreed to keep confidential, any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like that you send to us via the Site, via email or howsoever otherwise whether in human or machine readable form, will be treated as being non-confidential and non-proprietary. We assume no obligation to protect such information from disclosure and will be free to reproduce, use, and distribute the information to others without restriction. We will also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information that you submit on the Site for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services incorporating such information.
4. POSTINGS BY THIRD PARTIES AND HYPERLINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites which are neither maintained nor controlled by Grab, or may contain content posted on or via the Site by third parties. Therefore, Grab shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions in any content in the Site, or the content, products or services of any hyperlinked website or any hyperlink contained in a hyperlinked web site, nor for the privacy and security practices employed by these other websites, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content, whether in human or machine readable form, posted or contained in e-mails or howsoever otherwise transmitted or displayed via the Site, or arising from access to those websites. Use of the Site and any hyperlinks and access to such hyperlinked websites are entirely at your own risk.
You acknowledge that Grab has no control over and excludes all liability for any material on the Internet which can be accessed by using the Site. Neither can we be deemed to have endorsed the content.
Insofar as third party material, including without limitation news or other content feeds by third party content providers to the Site (“Third Party Material”) is published on or accessed through the Site, such Third Party material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Third Party Material may not be stored in whole or in part in a computer or otherwise except for personal and non-commercial use.
Further, clearance may not be obtained from the owners of any trademarks or copyrighted materials whose marks and materials are included in Third Party Material. Therefore you will be solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary releases from whatever individuals and/or entities necessary for any uses of Third Party Material.
5. HYPERLINKS FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You agree that caching, hyperlinking to, and framing of the Site or any of its content are strictly prohibited.
Grab reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Grab, its directors, officers, employees, suppliers, licensors, agents, and any third party content providers, from and against any losses, damages, claims, costs, expenses, demands, and actions, occasioned by or howsoever arising out of your use of the Site, your access or connection to the Site, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of another. These obligations will survive any termination of your relationship with Grab or your use of the Site. Grab reserves the right to assume the defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Grab in asserting any available defenses.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
- You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Site and the Internet. Grab does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the Site, any merchandise, information or service provided through the Site or on the Internet generally, and Grab shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction. The Site and any software made available on the Site are provided on an “as is, as available” basis.
- Grab makes no warranty that (i) the Site will meet your requirements or will always be accessible, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or free from computer virus or other invasive or damaging code, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Site will be corrected.
- Any content downloaded, uploaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Site or on the Internet generally.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Grab does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed on the Site or other content accessible from the Site. In no event shall Grab be liable for any incidental, consequential, direct, indirect or any losses or damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings, or business interruption, or any other loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action), arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the Site, delays, inaccuracies or errors in the information or in the transmission of the Site, or any information or transactions provided on or over the Site or downloaded or hyperlinked from the Site, or performance of the content on this Site, even if Grab has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Content (including, but not limited to, information, communications, software, images and sounds contained on or available through the Site) is provided by Grab, its content providers, third party licensors, which include end-users.
The intellectual property rights to or over the content contained in each Site belong to Grab, its content providers and third parties licensors, which include end-users. Insofar as said rights vest in Grab, all rights are reserved. The content of the Site cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording without the prior written permission of Grab. You agree that the material and content contained within or provided by the Site is for your own personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
Your access to or use of the Site should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use the trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks appearing on the Site without Grab’s or the relevant third party’s prior written consent, as the case may be. You may not, without Grab’s or other relevant third party’s prior written consent, use any of such trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks as a hyperlink to the Site or any other website.
You may not modify, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the computer systems and other technology that operate the Site or create derivative works based on the Site. For purposes of these Terms, “reverse engineering” shall include the examination or analysis of the Site to determine the source code, structure, organization, internal design, algorithms or encryption devices of the Site’s underlying technology.
Your access to or use of the Site, as well as these Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Singapore laws and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Grab’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
If any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are for the benefit of Grab and its directors, officers, employees, suppliers, licensors, agents, and any third party content providers to the Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.