Sticky rice with durian and coconut milk
1 1/2cups glutinous rice, washed and soaked overnight
1 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp sugar (If the durian is sweet enough, exclude the sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Drain the glutinous rice and steam over medium-low heat for 40 to 45 minutes or until the grains are completely cooked and have a soft, pleasant bite.
2. Heat the coconut cream and water over medium-low heat until hot but not boiling. Add sugar and salt and stir until dissolved.
3. When glutinous rice is ready, pour half of the coconut liquid over the rice. Use a fork to fluff up the rice. Set aside, cover for 30 minutes.
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup gula melaka, chopped (or less if you prefer it to be less sweet)
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups durian flesh
1. In a pot, bring the coconut milk, gula melaka and salt to a gentle boil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the durian flesh and stir gently over low heat (simmering). Adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat.
2. To serve, place sticky rice into a small bowl or plate. Spoon some of the durian and coconut milk sauce over the sticky rice. Garnish the dessert with some fresh mint leaves and serve.